Jonathon started his first day of summer school Wednesday morning. At first I was thinking that it was too early for school(8:45a.m.) I guess I got spoiled all year having school 2 minutes from our house and not going until 11:30a.m.
School is now 30 minutes away and we have to leave at 8:15a.m. We are up at 6:30a.m. everyday so that's not the problem......The problem is that we usually watch a movie, mommy drinks her coffee and catches up on the computer.....and take our time to venture into breakfast. (I suppose after a couple of times we will get used to our new Wednesday routine)
Once we arrived at school we were good to go! Jonathon did great. He learned how to kick a ball. We will continue to practice, but he did it....
He walked over some obstacles for the teacher and with the teacher holding his hands, but he lifted his leg and he did it....
He climbed up some steps and down again.....
He walked/took bigger steps over some puzzle mat bones(interlocking puzzlemats)these are shaped like bones....
walked out in the hallway, tried running.....ummmm, no this isn't working, not yet anyway.(Sheeesh, he just started walking May 21st)
Climbed over a bench...(p.t. thought this was amazing, I just thought it was funny)
And he got to play with some toys, but only did these for a few milliseconds...They were the same toys he plays with at school with his O.T. I think he was looking for her to play with not P.T. (so he didn't want to play with toys).
Also got to play with a huge purple ball.
Our 30 minutes of P.T. flew by. He did great and I was dissappointed that I forgot the camera. I will get pictures next week.
What great therapy, sounds like a lot of fun.
ReplyDeleteAiden took his gait trainer to school today
ReplyDelete