Wednesday, November 4, 2009

We had an accident in house

Jonathon shares a bedroom with my husband and me.  So i have to rearrange the furniture to accomodate us sometimes.


Our bedroom is right off of the living room and one wall is off the kitchen and entry door to come inside house.  It is loud at times and the light bothers Jonathon at times.  We cannot completely close the bedroom door because then it's too cold in there for Jonathon.


I figured out a way to rearrange the furniture and get Jonathon off of one wall and block the light with a dresser from another wall.  In order to do this and make it so our bed fit I had to take off the wooden footboard ~ which we had done last winter so no big deal ~ I thought.  So besides running into a problem ~ having the bed fall apart on me ~ I got it all done and am happy with it.  The dresser does block the light from the living room pretty good and Jonathon seems to sleep a little better.


Monday morning I woke jumped up to hearing a big loud thud and Jonathon screaming!  Remember Jonathon is in a toddler bed so he can get out.  I jumped out of bed to see him trying to get up from foot of bed on the floor.  Oh my god is all I thought ~ his head and his face.  He had fallen onto the metal frame of our bed.  There is a portion that sticks out since I took off the wooden footboard.  I grabbed him and went to the kitchen to get his boo boo puppy(ice pack).  I then returned to the bedroom and laid him on my bed to look him over.  He was upset, but seemed to be o.k.  I couldn't believe it, I didn't see a mark anywhere on his head, a small scratch by his eye, but overall he seemed o.k.  This bothered me, I heard him fall, it was a very loud thud and I knew there had to be a mark somewhere on his head.  So I put him down after a good hug for a few minutes and we went to go potty.


After he finished I let him in bathroom with me.  He started getting into mischief as usual so I told him to look at me.  At first he didn't, then I said again "Jonathon, look at mommy".  He looked up at me and then started screaming all over again.  I didn't see anything.  I told him to come to me and I said "let me look"  you are crying for some reason and I need to find it!  All I can say is "OMG!!"  I finally found where he hurt himself.  It was under his chin all the way down into his neck.  I seen a mark that I didn't know if it was a puncture wound, so I immediately called my husband to come back home.  By the time Gilbert got back home I had Jonathon calmed down and was able to look him over.  Luckily he somehow scraped himself when he fell onto the piece of frame.  Thank God, if he would have just landed full force onto the frame across his neck.  I can honestly say this is the first time Jonathon scared me.


Yes I have been scared about surgery and medical issues along the way, but this is his first real boo boo and oh my, it was scary at first!  The doctor said to keep an eye on him and that is what I have been doing.  His throat seemed to be sore yesterday morning, but by dinnertime he ate with no problem.  He is awake this morning and seems to be back to his happy self.  Another lesson learned!  Don't assume all is ok!  I feel so terrible that this accident happened.  I should have checked out the situation a little better.  Last year he wasn't as old and he was in the crib.


Oh and I did fix the bed. I pushed the mattress toward the foot of the bed and wrapped a blanket around the metal piece.


Here are some pictures.



our bed last winter - notice footboard




This is frame where footboard is missing -
he was headed back toward me and tripped and fell onto this
piece of the bed in the dark at 5:15a.m.











                                           Jonathon's BOO BOO

2 comments:

  1. Oh I can picture exactly how he did that. Ouch, I'm glad he's ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When i saw this on face book, i did not realy think it was that bad... but now that i see what he fell on . HOLLY COW!!! poor kid. Well im sure that its getting better now, seen that i am a few days behind here. lol.. But had to say hello!and xxxxxooooooo, we miss u guys sooooooo.... MUCH!! wheres my friday coffe and sanity. MISS U MUCH. HEAL FAST!!

    ReplyDelete