Clarence Stone
My grandfather lived in Florida for many many years. I was only able to visit one time. Andrew was 4 and Kenny was 2. Andrew is now 16 and Kenny is 15. So it was a very long time ago. But grandpa loved to travel and came home to Michigan practically every year until 2008. 2008 was grandpa's last trip home to Michigan. At least he was able to meet Jonathon. I have been trying to save money since then to go and visit, but with a family of 5 and only one parent working and then throw in a child who has special needs......well lets just say we never came up with the money. But I did call and talk on the phone once in a while.
This Christmas grandpa had a major heart attack. His health has been up and down since 2008, but this we did not want. He went into the hospital and they got him back. He stayed there until Christmas eve. He was home for Christmas....I am so happy for that.
Doctors wanted to put in a feeding tube....Grandpa said no! He wanted to taste his food. He wanted to taste his ice cream and raspberries....Grandpa was 89 years old....He lived a good life.
This man had 2 wife's and 1 girlfriend. He was a good man. His first wife...my grandma died when I was very young. But I do remember some things about her. His second wife....Donna lived a very long time and became ill and passed away a few years ago. Then he came across his high school sweet heart a few years ago and they were together to the end. I think it's really neat that grandpa was able to have so much love in his lifetime. If only we all could have that.
Grandpa took a nap on Jan 3, 2012......grandpa left us and went off to heaven that afternoon......
I will miss you grandpa....I will always remember riding the bull at your house when I was a little girl....I am so proud to be your granddaughter.....I am so happy that you were able to visit us and get to know Andrew, Kenny and Jonathon. We were honored to have you in our home.....
Your great grandchildren will miss you. Your great grandchildren love you very much.
Thank you for all the special times and great laughs
RIP

I am so sorry for your loss. I love Grandparents. What a great man he was.
ReplyDelete