Surgery went well. He was in surgery for 2 hours total instead of 3. The Dr. lengthened one tendon and shortened another tendon. She also put some plates in and moved the bone over. He has a really nice arch now.
He is currently on his second cast right now. He goes back to the Dr. on Thursday. He went back to school after Easter/Spring Break. First week back was a little rough on him. By Thursday night he was sore and tired and Friday morning he had some swollen toes so I kept him home and elevated his foot all day/weekend.
He is non weight bearing right now. I can't wait until he is able to get a walking cast. I think he will do and feel much better then. I am concerned that his pain level spikes up to a 9 sometimes. I thought he would be feeling better by now. Overall he has been a good sport about it and I hope when its all over that he is much happier.
Little brother is missing playing/hanging out with big brother. Kenny is the one that still sits and plays legos and army guys with Jonathon. And Kenny hasn't been able to do any of that. But he is able to go outside finally and this makes Jonathon very very happy.
We have had some nice weather lately so Jonathon has been able to spend sometime outdoors again. He really enjoys all the animals. He thought maybe he would try to let Andrew's dog out for him(of course Andrew was not home)
And he has caught his other big brother to help him out in his monster truck!
BROTHERLY LOVE!!!!! I am so proud of all three of my boys!!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment