Sunday, January 17, 2016

Research

Research, Research, and more Research, print, print and more printing.........

I have been having weekly meetings with the principal and 2nd grade teacher lately.  I-We are trying to figure out 2nd grade and Jonathon still.

As a mother I want the best for my child.  I do not want my child segregated in anyway.  This is very frustrating this year.  Right now Jonathon spends more time in the resource room than he does in the general education class.  This is very up setting.  I do not want my child in the resource room all day.  I feel and believe he belongs in the general education class room more than the resource room.

When I say "PARA PRO"  I am not heard.  Jonathon has not had a para pro since kindergarten.  Why?  Who knows.  There are not enough to go around.  He does not need one.  It won't benefit him.  Really?....... I'm sorry, but yes I do believe it will benefit him.  I do not think a high school student is qualified to teach my child (buddy system) or peer to peer (2nd grade student)  I do not believe my child should be in the back of the classroom working on math all by himself.  My child should be sitting at his desk, listening along with the rest of the class.  My child should be given the opportunity to have a helper(para pro) to help him read his paper and try to do his work.  My child should be in the general education classroom more than the resource room.

So.....as always I am researching and printing assignments at home to work with Jonathon to get him up to speed on 2nd grade.  I will teach my child spelling.  I will teach my child math.  I will teach my child patterns.  I will teach my child to be a better reader.  I will help my child succeed.  I will fight for my child ALWAYS.  I will not let my child be LEFT BEHIND!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment