Friday, November 13, 2009

ENT Results

Once again we are waiting another 6 weeks for a recheck on Jonathon's ears.  This time he has no fluid in the right ear and some fluid in the left ear.


I am beginning to get frustrated again too.  I don't want to put Jonathon through another surgery if he doesn't need it.  I don't want to put off another surgery if it's the best solution for Jonathon.


I have been going to ENT appointments for almost 1 year now.  This all started last January.


Jonathon has only had 1 ear infection.  Jonathon has passed 3 booth hearing tests.  And this is the first year that we have made it through August, September and October without a sinus infection.  The fluid goes away and then comes back.  At first I thought this was a good thing, but after our appointment Monday night I am beginning to question my judgement.  I think it's time to just let him have the surgery.


Now that Jonathon is older and beginning to talk quite well I do not want to hold him back and I know when there is fluid everything is muffled.  I do not know from experience, I have never had this problem.


We go back in December, if there is fluid still we will be discussing surgery.


So now I am asking for information.  Instead of me searching the web I know one friend(Stephanie and Aiden)www.aisforaiden.com who is always full of good information and knowledge.  If you have any please email me!

2 comments:

  1. Well, if his ENT thinks another set of tubes is needed, then go for it. It is a simple procedure and he is home that day. Has Jonathan seen an audiologist yet?

    If it's just the fluid, then has he had his adenoids out? That made a difference with Aiden (not necessarily a big one) but he hasn't had any sinus infections either. He still has a lot of sinus drainage, but I think it may be hereditary and living location.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there you guys, we love and miss you, Rylee talks about u all the time,and we what to stop bye, real soon, have a great turkey day!!!! Love rylee and Nik.

    ReplyDelete