Thursday, May 20, 2010

Another Milestone Complete

I have finally decided that Jonathon is finished with his stairs and we will be donating them to Memphis Schools(Jonathon's school)next week.  He has been working on his stairs since December 09 and now they are pretty much just sitting in the corner unless I take them out for Jonathon to play on.  I say play on because he is really good at going up and down.  He now holds a ball in one hand and holds the rail with the other hand and walks up ~ sits down ~ rolls the ball ~ stands up ~ walks back down ~ and does this all over again.  He will climb the stairs and go down on his butt ~ he will stand on the landing and practice standing on one leg.

Our close friend "Mr Randy" made the stairs for Jonathon and agreed that we could donate them. (Thanks Randy).  We just want other children to be able to have the opportunity for this part of physical therapy if needed.

Stairs are only located at Woodlands in Marysville.  The only reason that we were able to access these stairs was because we were involved in summer school and summer school is located only at Woodlands.  And this is where I got my idea from.  And I am glad that I had these stairs made, what a difference in Jonathon's therapy for walking better.

I hope Memphis staff and the students enjoy the stairs and get as much from them as we did!


I wanted to post a video also, but I am having problems figuring it all out.  Soooo when I finally figure out how to do it  I will show everyone just what Jonathon can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment