Jonathon has Roseola! But I have been very lucky this time around. The highest his fever got yesterday was 100.7. His rash was on his inner arms, outer arms and neck and partway down his back.
This morning he has no temp ~ the rash is barely noticeable ~ he is eating and playing again ~ and he is drinking like normal today also. he will remain contagious until the rash is gone.
I asked Dr. Peditrician if this was airborne ~ no ~ he got it from someone coughing near him ~ runny nose near him ~ someone had it and gave it to him.
Now there is this one particular little boy at school that spends more time outside of school being sick than actually being at school. He has taken a liking to Jonathon for some reason. He wants to hold Jonathon's hand all the time. He wants to hug on Jonathon all the time. And I have worried about this much contact. And I don't know if he got it from this particular child, but he has not been anywhere except school. Except for Thursday afternoon, we went to the park and to McDonalds. Soooo not sure where he got it.
And the reason I said "I got lucky this time around" When Kenny was a baby (under 1) he got Roseola. He had a high temp of 104 that we had a hard time getting down. It was very scary and he was very sick. He also burst his eardrum from the fever. We made it through that and he recovered just fine, but I am so glad that I did not have to go through that with Jonathon. I am glad he had a mild case.
We have school on Monday and field trip on Tuesday so I hope he is better by then!
No comments:
Post a Comment