Thursday, October 21, 2010

Flu Shot

Yesterday afternoon I took all 3 boys to get flu shots.  Jonathon has received a flu shot every year that he was supposed too.  Andrew and Kenny have not had a flu shot since they were toddlers.......Why now get a flu shot?  Well because 1.  Dr. Pediatrician recommended it this year ~ he explained with Jonathon going to preschool full time and the big brothers in school that it would be in my best interest to get all 3 of them done this year.  I then asked " what about the H1N1?"  Which in return he answered "It's in the flu shot this year"  Okay then.  2.  The flu just went through my house.  It was not extremely dangerous, but it made me think....what if it had been the swine flu.....Jonathon had the flu  ~ he ran a high temp ~ had diarrhea ~ he had some vomiting.   While Jonathon was going through all of that I started not feeling well, but ignored it and continued to take care of him.  His started Friday Oct 9th, by Tuesday Oct 12th I started feeling bad.  By Friday October 15th Jonathon was all better and Kenny came home with the flu ~ Kenny had a severe sore throat, low low temp(95) congested and achy.  By Saturday afternoon I had the flu.  Kenny started feeling better by Monday Oct 18th, but I kept him home and took him to the Dr. on Tuesday. Dr. confirmed he was all better.  I still did not feel well so I went to the Dr. on Tuesday also. Flu gone, but have a sinus infection. 3. We were very sick for about 2 weeks at my house.  I don't want to go through that again ~ so I guess if I can help prevent it by getting flu shots ~ then we will get flu shots.

Andrew and Kenny are home today.  Kenny does not feel well. Headache, achy arm and stomach ache.  Andrew just doesn't feel well and achy arm.  From getting flu shot.  Hopefully they will feel better later today.

Jonathon went to school like a good boy.  He seems to be doing just fine and no reaction at all to the shot. (Hooray).  

I do have piece of mind today though knowing that my boys are protected now.

Now I just have to get my flu shot and hopefully talk my hubby into getting his done also.  But I am a little worried now that I will have a reaction like my big boys ~ I don't want to get the flu shot and then end up sick.  This has been my main reason of never getting it done before.  I know I will still get it done though.  Just waiting for my Dr. office to get it in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment