Jonathon wears AFO braces. During the summer months he does not wear his Shoes with braces very often. It's just too hot. So he wears sandals, which Cameron says is fine.
When school started this year Jonathon complained of his foot hurting and he actually limped around all weekend. Got me to thinking, hmmm maybe something is wrong with the braces.
I kept an eye on him and at first just figured he had to get back into the routine of wearing them every day.....all day.....
Then we finally found some new socks....lets just say the new socks did not fit with the braces. His foot was hanging over....and I couldn't get his shoe on.
We finally got in to see Mr. Cameron yesterday afternoon. He confirmed......Yep he grew. So he extended his brace out a little for him and fixed some hot spots on the ankles.
Good deal....except.....now his shoes do not fit.
I have to order his shoes online and cannot buy just any brand. Jonathon has flat feet and wide feet. He takes an EW. I cannot find a store that carries EW. So I search on line for the best deal. I buy alot from shoebuy.com. I usually buy him Stride Rite.
So I had to send him to school today without braces. I told the teacher to just keep an eye on him because I really don't know how he is going to react to no braces. In the meantime I have to get online this morning and order some shoes for him.
Yep he is growing!!!!
Please go vote! It's for a great cause!
http://sunsuperdreams.com.au/dream/view/ipads-for-special-kids
No comments:
Post a Comment