Sunday, October 30, 2011

Working hard!

I had Jonathon 's IEP about 2 weeks ago.  We discussed some things that will need to be accomplished for him to be able to go to Kindergarten next fall.  We discussed how if I or them do not feel he is ready I have other options.

Over all Jonathon is doing well, but we still have things to work on.

The first important goal for me for him is back to potty training.....Jonathon has been toilet trained for some time now... Even though that is so there is still some areas that need to be tweaked a little.  For instance:  I used to have to check with him every 3 hours to make sure if he had to go or not.  As of this past summer I no longer have to do that.  He is fully potty trained.  But no I guess he is not "fully" yet.  Because I go with him....I help pull his pants down....I help him hop up if he needs to sit down....I help him down when he is finished....I help pull up his pants..well no one is going to do that in kindergarten.

So we went out to Kohls this morning and hit up a good deal and got 6 pairs of pull on pants/sweats.  No more jeans for now.  He had 2 pair of sweats that we have started working on him doing this on his own.  He doesn't do too bad.  He gets mad sometimes and wants mommy to just do it.  But overall he is doing great.  He just has a hard time pulling up the back of his pants.  I am sure he will figure it out before next fall.

I also had a new stool made again....actually this one is a platform for him.  It's about 2 inches off the floor and its square so its safe.  He is too tall for the plastic stool now, but not tall enough for nothing.  So we started out with daddy making one....which was nice....it just wasn't what I was talking about and it wasn't really safe....it kept sliding and it just wasn't big enough....sooooo.....Mr. Randy stopped by and we told him what we needed and.......when we got home today....we found a surprise!  He made Jonathon a platform....just right and Jonathon said "cool"  But then daddy got his feelings hurt and was going to take his outside and Jonathon stood up and said "NOOOOO"  He grabbed it and placed it on the carpet and started playing with his hot wheels on it.  A happy daddy then and a happy Jonathon.  It all worked out!!!

I will post pictures tomorrow of the new stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment