Thursday, June 7, 2012

Dental Cleaning


After graduation on Wednesday Jonathon had to go into the city to a dental appointment.

He was scheduled for a cleaning.  Now 6 months ago he did really well in the chair.  Minimal crying and walked out with no cavities.

This appointment I was a little worried about a couple of teeth and always hoped for the best.

waiting to see Dr. Curt

Once the Dr. Dentist walked in ....everything changed.  Jonathon wanted out and he started crying.  I tried to console him with his blue puppy and with music off my phone.  Lets just say this was not working.  He would settle down for a few seconds and then start screaming all over again.  And I mean scream!  You think that the dentist was killing him.  I hate having to put him through all of that!


Jonathon has one hole in his bottom tooth.  A couple of other cavities.  We are headed to surgery once again.  He will get xrays done and some fillings placed.  This is the best way to do this procedure for Jonathon.  He is getting very strong and I wouldn't want to put him through all the agony.  So he will sleep and the dr. dentist will take care of him.

After all his screaming, he has broken blood vessels all over his face and head.  I hate seeing this!  I hope at the next cleaning he does a little better.  I am going to buy him an electric/battery operated toothbrush.  Maybe getting used to some noise in his mouth will help out.

We will wait for the phone call on when dental surgery will be.






No comments:

Post a Comment