http://www.childrensdmc.org/openingcelebration
Jonathon enjoyed it for the most part, except for the fact that Radio Disney was on the premises and they were very loud. I was very happy that I brought his school back pack, because his headphones were in there for him.
The new hospital is very very nice. Therapy rooms are huge, lots of lighting and the colors were wonderful. The children that will go there will be very happy.
Jonathon will not be going to this hospital for p.t, ot. or speech. He gets his services right at our school. We went for moral support. The hospital that we visit on a regular basis is across the road.
Last year we went to a party and met Jake and Ellie. A lady came up to us today and said that she remembered us from last year and thanked us for coming out again. She also remembered that we don't live close. That was very nice to be remembered. Her saying that made all of us pretty happy.
Inside the hospital we went on a tour. This tour did not go well at all, and I am still not sure why. Jonathon freaked out and did not want to go into the first therapy room that we tried to visit. I don't know what scared him. I think he thought he was going to have to stay. I tried to keep telling him that it was ok and we were just visiting, but my husband ending up picking him up and carrying him for safety. When we visited the second part of the therapy room he did a little better, but when we went back out into the hall he once again froze. He was really scared.
Jonathon had a dental procedure done less than a month ago at his hospital across the street, but this is a brand new hospital. Brand new opening. Why did he not like this hospital.....
We may never know.
So we went back outside. He got a spider painted on his hand. Amazing! Last year he would not let anyone paint him. Another milestone for Jonathon. I was very very proud of him for letting the lady paint on his hand. He received a free bicycle helmet, and a basketball player signed it. Embarrassing, but I don't follow basketball and I'm not really sure who he was. (Sorry). But it was still nice. We did a contest with Radio Disney and some other children and parents. We lost, but Jonathon received a prize. He got alot of Jake and the Never Land Pirates gifts.
Overall a fun hour out of our day!
![]() |
| Getting some prizes |
| New ambulance, but Jonathon wouldn't go inside. |
| Checking out the therapy room |
![]() |
| Getting hand painted |
![]() |
| hand painted |
![]() |
| playing a game |
| spider painted on |
| at home trying on his new helmet |




No comments:
Post a Comment