Thursday, September 6, 2012

School has started

Tuesday Sept 4, 2012 was our first day back to school.  Andrew is a Senior this year.  Kenny is a Sophomore and Jonathon entered the public school system as a student in Young 5's.

We have 3 very large Kindergarten rooms this year so I decided not to put Jonathon in Kindergarten.  Young 5's is a brand new program at Memphis this year and this is the program I decided to enroll him in after a lot of thought.

Jonathon will continue to see his ECDD teacher Mrs. Rhodes from 7:55a.m. - 10:30a.m.  Then he will go down and join the other students in Young 5's.  He is in Young 5's from 10:30a.m. - 2:40p.m.

During this time he will have recess, lunch, science, rest time, specials(music, library, computers and gym) along with another recess in the afternoon.  While this is a big adjustment for Jonathon he is doing okay so far.  I actually think it's harder on me than him.  Jonathon loves to go to school and I am very happy that he is.

Tuesday I sat with my good friend Nik and we just chatted all day.  All day until pick up time.  It was a great way to spend the first day.  Her daughter Rylee started Kindergarten.

Wednesday I sat around and tried to do paperwork and catch up.  But I just kept thinking about Jonathon and then I would tear up.  I did not like Wednesday.

Thursday - today was a little better.  I kept myself busy with paperwork about our upcoming Buddy Walk. (ST. Clair County Down Syndrome Support Group)  I can't wait for this event to take place.  I had a little bit of anxiety off and on, but I survived.  And Jonathon had a great day.

So we will take one day at a time and see how it goes.  I am hoping for a very good year.





No comments:

Post a Comment