With Jonathon turning 2 this summer I wanted to find him a swingset.
Years ago we had a nice wooden one, but decided to give it to our 2 neices and 1 nephew(triplets) when they turned 2 because their mom and dad couldn't afford one and Andrew and Kenny said it would be ok to give it away. So that was about 5 years ago. We also thought(THOUGHT)(LOL) we were done having children.
So even though I saved some items from when Andrew and Kenny were younger, I don't have a sandbox or a swingset or a swimming pool. My first goal was to find Jonathon a swingset by his birthday in July.
I have been searching online through freecycle and craigslist. Not having any luck. I decided to try again a few days ago and I finally found a swingset. The gentleman was asking 75.00. It is a huge wooden swingset and he stated that it needed to be hauled away on a 18ft. long trailer.......
I packed everyone up after school on Thursday and we drove the 30 minutes to go check it out. And Gilbert met me there on his way home from work.
We bought it...For 50.00!
Gilbert and our friend Randy are on their way right now to go pick it up. I hope they don't run into any problems and are able to get it on the trailer. Otherwise they have tools with them to dismantle it.
I am very excited for Jonathon and can't wait to take him outside to play later.
Will update later with pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment