need mommy to go to school and lurk around!!!!!!
Jonathon had his 2nd day of preschool on Wednesday. His time slot is 9:30a.m. til 10:30a.m. When he first arrived at 9:30a.m. it was snack time. I don't think he really liked this. He wanted to play. But he did go and sit at the table with the other boys, he just didn't eat his snack like on Monday or like he does at home. A few crackers and juice was better than none.
After snack was puzzle time ~ I stayed back where I could see ~ He did great at puzzle time. All the boys remained at the snack table and each one received an appropriate puzzle to work on. Jonathon had farm animals and zoo animals ~ with the little tab sticking out of the top. ~ He really enjoys this kind at home. A couple of times he tried touching the little boy next to him and was just told not too.
After puzzle time everyone went over and sat in a chair. Of course Jonathon did not want to sit in a chair..... he wanted to play.....It was calendar time. They all sang a song about the days of the week ~ this mommy must learn so we can reinforce at home~oh and he did pretty much stay in his chair.
Then they got up and each student went and stood on a square piece of carpet(kinda like a small throw rug) They were going to do the wiggle song ~ which is an assortment of different clips ~ lets do the jerk(boys would move their arms up and down) ~ lets do the swim(move arms like swimming) lets do the twist(of course twisting motion)etc. Jonathon really enjoyed this~he loves music and loves to dance at home.
Then they went back and sat in the chairs again and they did another song ~ The wheels on the Bus ~ now Jonathon really did not want to sit any longer ~ so he stood with Mrs. Rhodes for a few minutes. I do need to learn the motion of this song again. I have been singing the song with Jonathon for awhile now, but forgot about the motions(cannot remember everything from 10 yrs. ago!)lol:)
Then they started reading a story about Who stole the cookie from the cookie jar.(Was telling Andrew and Kenny about this before school today and Kenny remembers the silly story) me ~ well I have to learn it again. Hey, but I do remember "R E D" spells red "R E D " spells red apples and tomatoes "R E D" spells red. (he he) Anyway Jonathon started this and then Mrs. O(speech teacher) came in to take him to speech class. I watched out the door as he walked away hand in hand with teacher and looking like such a big boy!!!! I did good. I didn't go spy. I wanted to. But I listened to Mrs. Rhodes finish up the story with the other boys and then we all walked down to the sensory room. The sensory room is really cool ~ Jonathon never got to use it before ~ this is something new they just added ~ I do believe he will get a chance to go down and play eventually ~ I will have to take my camera to get pictures ~ It is definitely nicer than the little room Jonathon had to use for O.T.
I left the sensory room after a few minutes and walked back to the classroom and Jonathon was there waiting for me. He had a good time in speech. He pointed to some things and tried to talk with the teacher. He spent about 15 minutes with her and she said that was great for the first time. He even gave her a great big hug!
Then it was time to go AND he really hates leaving!
Great job Jonathon! You are such a big boy! Mommy loves you so so so much!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment