At first I was excited when I received the letter in the mail and yes wanted to take our family. Then I stopped and thought about it and thought ~ Would Jonathon do okay? ~ Bowling Alleys are loud and he does not do well with loud noises ~ He is only 2.5, would he even enjoy himself ~ And the worst thought of all ~ GERMS, H1N1, sickness, colds..... ~ Then I thought about it longer and decided NO I would not let Jonathon miss this. Yes there is germs, but he is good about washing his hands, this is something I want to do as a family so we will go and hopefully the noise won't be terrible.
So I called my sister and invited her, her husband and son. They said sure that they would go.
So we went yesterday afternoon and we had a riot! OMG! I am so glad that I talked myself into letting Jonathon do this. He had soooo much fun. He did great with all the people and the noise of the balls and the alleys.
The worst time he had was waiting for his turn to throw the ball! Too funny. But he did manage to settle down and wait his turn.
Kenny loved it. Andrew on the other hand was not happy and did not want to be there! Of course this is my child that I had to put into preschool years ago for socialization. He gets so nervous being out in public. After awhile he calmed down and did great bowling too.
Awesome day and lots of fun all around. We have decided that we are going to do this again as a family with us and my sister's family too. We are starting a tradition and who knows maybe Andrew and Kenny will learn to like bowling and someday Jonathon can join a league!!!!
Jonathon's new stroller!
Uncle Dave(holding ball), Adam(cousin) and Andrew
Andrew bowling
Kenny bowling
Jonathon! and Daddy!
Getting a ball
getting ready
and my crappy camera missed it!
Very excited about going again!
taking a break to call Rylee(his girlfriend)
Top row: Uncle Dave(godfather), Aunt Carol-Ann, Adam(my sis's family)
Bottom: Gilbert, Jonathon, me, Kenny(behind me) and Andrew(behind Kenny)
And this is what happens after a day of bowling!
I'm glad you took him, you know how I feel about keeping them locked up at home. I hate it, just be cautious when your out, and look how much fun he had!
ReplyDeleteDon't you just love how wonderful times sneak up on you when you least expect them?
ReplyDeleteSounds like great fun!
That is so cool! realy big steps for jonathon. I'm so glad he had so much fun, and he looks it in all the pic's too. haha, he is so cute! Rylee and i say hello, and we miss u. Looks like spring is trying to come.LOL. yea! time to get together. Finally! haha. Great pictures, u guys look like everybody had alot of fun! GREAT JOB! JONATHON!!! XOXOXOX
ReplyDelete