Thursday, February 25, 2010

On our way

So last summer I received some pec cards from summer school.  I have some medium size ones and some little ones.  I have a majority of different pictures.  Last summer Jonathon really did not seem interested so I put them away.

I have been cleaning and organizing lately and I came across the pec cards again.  I decided to bring them out to see what Jonathon would do with them.  Now the little cards have velcro on the back of them and they stick to a schedule sheet that sticks to the fridge.  He rips them off daily and sticks them back on.  Some pictures he is beginning to learn.

But what I am really proud of is the medium size cards.  We only have a few this size and I have been trying to decide to get some more made or purchase some other sort of flash card.

These are the words that Jonathon knows very well and you can really understand exactly what he is saying!  I am once again so so proud of my little boy and I cannot wait for him to learn even more.

 

2 comments:

  1. Wow - please tell me more about these cards? What are they?
    I have flash cards, but I have no idea how to use them...
    I've tried to show Malakai, but he just tries to eat them - maybe he's too young?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aiden uses PECS also. we started with the daily to-do list of things

    ReplyDelete