We had a movie store open back up in our neighboring town about 1 month ago. It is called Family Video. For the first month you recieve 1/2 off of everything so we have been visiting once per week. We are able to rent 5 movies for about 3.50. Pretty cool if you ask me.
This has become a weekly ritual for Jonathon and I. Sometimes we take the big brothers along, but mostly its just us. This has been a good time for some practice. Jonathon has been practicing listening to mom and walking up and down the aisles with mom. He has been learning not to touch all the movies and take them off of the shelf. He has been learning that he may take a movie if he wants to rent it.
This video store has alot of older kid movies that you are able to rent for free. It is so overwhelming to see so many movies. But every week he is doing better and better.
When we first started there was a lot of yelling(on Jonathon's part) and tugging(holding hands) and running(Jonathon running away from me). I stuck it out though even when we made a few scenes. And it was well worth it because today we went after school and we had a very nice time looking at all the movies and deciding which ones to rent.
We rented Berenstein Bears, Franklin goes to school and Dumbo. And Lynx. not sure what that is, but it looks like it might be interesting. Mommy got some movies for the big kids too.
Jonathon tried to escape one time, but I just explained that we would leave the store with nothing and he came back to me. And then when we were leaving he told the lady good bye and thank you! I am soo sooo proud of him. And I made sure I told him just how proud I was and how polite that was to say Thank you and good bye.
I can honestly say that I have not touched the stroller since........ummm......since.....August. Wow .....since August? That's wonderful!
So we already watched Dumbo, which Jonathon really liked and now we are watching the Berenstein Bears. He seems to like this movie too.
No comments:
Post a Comment