Andrew is 17 and has had some back pain for sometime. Last year he kept missing school and I kept taking him back to the pediatrician. Dr. Pediatrician would tell me to give him Ibuprofen.
I finally had given up. I didn't know what to do and then one morning Jonathon's teacher had asked me if I had ever thought about seeing a chiropractor. Um, no I hadn't. I had seen one when I was a teenager after an automobile accident, but I never felt comfortable with him. I was always afraid he was going to break my neck. I just hated the whole idea....not that he was bad. He was a very good chiropractor and he did help me. She gave me the name of her chiropractor and I decided to call him and set up an appointment for Andrew. I needed to do something for the child.
I took Andrew last March 20ll and he is still seeing our new chiropractor. He has done amazing things for Andrew. Andrew has not missed school in a very long time. Andrew is learning how to have better posture, and what to do so he does not end up hurting himself. He still has a way to go before he is finished going every 2 weeks, but when he started he was going 2x week and then 1x week.
Then Kenny started complaining that he had pain and I took him. Yes Kenny had some issues too and has been seeing Dr. Chiropractor since around May 2011. Kenny has not missed any school and what I have noticed about Kenny is that he is not having bad headaches anymore. Kenny used to miss alot of school because of his headaches.
So then last summer I went into the hair salon for a haircut and color. When I was told to lie back in the sink to get my hair washed I thought I was going to die. Something was wrong, it hurt so bad in my neck and in my back that I could barely tolerate it. I thought I was going to have to tell the hair dresser, but then I was embarrassed...who cannot lie back and get a hair wash so I stuck it out. But it scared me. What the heck did I do.
When I went to an appointment with Andrew and Kenny I spoke with the Dr. Chiropractor about me. He said to set up an appointment. I let him know my fear of chiropractors, but also that I was pretty comfortable. I would not let my boys continue if I wasn't and he was indeed helping them.
I have been going to the chiropractor since last summer. My 2 teens and I go every 2 weeks. Eventually we will not have to go as much. But I am so relieved that we found this chiropractor. He is amazing. He has already taught us and helped us so much. And I can lie back at the hair dresser now...pain free.
Now since last summer I have seen young children come and go. Heard stories about young children. Seen pictures hanging how a chiropractor can see what the average person misses. And have always thought in the back of my head...."I wonder if I should let Jonathon see the Dr." "Would he benefit from it" "Does it really matter at this age"
I have and will always want and do what is best for Jonathon. When we went on Wednesday I was reminded one more time that Feb is Kids month. Get your child signed up. When we were finished Dr. Chiropractic spoke with me about Jonathon. He asked me some questions and told me that there was a video out front if I wanted to watch it. I watched the video with the boys before we left. They went out to the van and I spoke with the receptionist. I signed Jonathon up. He goes tomorrow morning for his first appointment.
While I am nervous, I am also excited. What will this do for Jonathon. Or maybe we will find out this won't work for Jonathon. We will know more tomorrow.
When I got out to the van...Andrew says...."If I were you I would do it" "I think you need to take Jonathon" I asked him why? He said"I wish I would have went at a younger age. I wouldn't be messed up like I am." I think big brother is looking out for little brother. I then told him. He will. I signed him up.
No comments:
Post a Comment