Sunday, August 30, 2009

Potty Training Update


Over the last month Jonathon has been giving me problems with certain public restrooms. Here is a list of our issues: Echo ~ not good
Blow dryers ~Life threatning
Automatic Flushers ~ Life threatning
And when I say Life Threatning, I really mean it. He will cringe, his face will get that look"HELP ME MOMMY" and the tears and screams will begin. And he won't go!

I do not want Jonathon to be "afraid" to use the public restrooms, and I especially do not want him to get an infection from holding "all" day when we are not home.

My biggest wake up call was the Detroit Zoo visit. EVERY bathroom we visited was sooo traumatic to him. He knew as soon as I said potty and the tears began. I felt sooo bad. And there was nothing I could do because he had to go. I ended up holding my hands over his ears to help with the terrible echo and loud blow dryers.(I just wanted to cry myself).

Soooo I put on "my mommy to the rescue" thinking cap and this is what I came up with..... By the way ~ IT WORKS!!!!! We tested it out at the mall last week. He did not give me a problem AND he never heard the blow dryers go off while he was peeing!!!!! AND it only cost me $2.50.....

Once again I have a happy Jonathon!





No comments:

Post a Comment