Thursday, August 27, 2009

Update on what's new with us.....

I guess I have lost days again on blogging. I get so busy with all 3 boys that I just don't find the time to even turn on my computer and we have been very busy these last few days.

On Sunday August 23rd we traveled out to the Detroit Zoo. We figured out half way through that next year we will do some things differently. At the beginning of the zoo there is mostly inside animals(reptiles, butterflies, birds)etc.

We love to feed the giraffe(which are at the other end)and feeding time is 1p.m. Last year AND this year we literally had to run to get to the feeding on time.....plus eat OUR lunch. When we noticed that if we take the train when we first arrive and ride to the back of the park we can take our time seeing ALL the big outside animals(tiger,lion,zebra)etc. and be there for the morning feeding of the giraffe AND Jonathon won't be sleeping and miss some of the big animals(yes he took a nap on schedule and missed lots).

It started to mist(rain)around 1:30p.m. and continued off and on for the remainder of our visit. I was pretty bummed out~the animals went in AND it wasn't supposed to rain at all. I am very glad that I took the stroller this year instead of the wagon. Jonathon was able to nap comfortably AND I was able to cover him from the rain.

Kenny got to go in the dinosaur simulator with Randy, Andrew and Gilbert.(Jonathon and I stayed out). Kenny said it was very cool and really enjoyed the ride. I was told that I would never make it......(ok, no dinosaur simulator for me...). Further through the zoo Kenny did some one on one time with Dad(Gilbert). They walked thru Dinotopia(dinosaur exhibit). Was told that it was interesting too. Maybe next year we will take Jonathon through that one.(noise issue this year).

Monday evening Jonathon had an ENT appt.(check up). Alot of wax build up in his ears~we do peroxide drops once per month~no, not anymore, Dr. ENT thinks it is making his ears worse and drying them out really bad~we need to pick up sweet oil, 1-2 drops per ear once per week until our next visit. Tympanogram was taken~Right ear:Type A -Normal(Hooray!!) Left ear: Type B -Flat(Bummer!) Difficulty obtaining a hermetic seal bilaterally (L-R). SOOO Dr. ENT thinks that there could be some fluid. We go back in 6 weeks for a recheck. He is not too concerned just yet. I also asked him about Jonathon's noise issue~it was terrrible at the zoo. He informed me that it's not b/c of him having Down Syndrome, it's not an ear problem, some children just have noise issues.....Ok. Still makes me wonder. Just certain noises really bother him. I helped him out though(different post to come).
And I took my boys out to eat dinner at Olive Garden. Expensive? Yes. Did I NEED to go to Olive Garden? No. Did I WANT to go to Olive Garden? Yes. It was my dinner to my son who will be starting highschool in 2 weeks. It was my I love you for all you do and want you to have a great first year in highschool. It was my I am very proud of you and know you will do just fine. DINNER! (and of course Jonathon loves spaghetti too)

Tuesday - Took the boys school shopping. Left at 9:30a.m. and got back home at 4p.m. Terrible terrible shopping day. Kenny is ridiculous this year(no, don't like that)ALL DAY Long! I bought him one pair of jeans on sale for 16.99 and one tshirt on sale for 7.99. 1 pair of gym shorts for 6.00. Done ~ that's it ALL DAY LONG!!!!! I practically went to every store in the mall. And on this trip Jonathon threw his shoe out of the stroller, I did not notice til it was too late.....We backed tracked,we checked lost and found, we asked passers by......SANDAL is gone!!!!! Good thing summer is almost over. I guess I did get my $15.00 worth out of them.

Wednesday - seen Jc Penny was having a huge sale and it was on the $16.99 jeans I just bought Kenny, plus I had a 15% off discount for filling out survery. Decided I would go back and get" picky" Kenny more jeans that he does like.

First we had to run to Richmond ~ I sold my high chair on Craigslist and needed to meet up with lady who was buying it.(Hooray!!!) Then we ran to Krogers really quick to get a few items. Then I went to Kmart real quick ~ I have officially started Christmas shopping! I cannot believe I just said that, but it's true. I put some stuff in layaway. Then off to the mall AGAIN(crazzzzzy....)Go to JC Penny, get the jeans for Kenny and Andrew also got 2 pair. Soooo for 4 pairs of jeans I paid 64.00. Now these jeans were normally 36.00 per pair so I say thats a deal and my 2 oldest boys are done. I just have to get them gym bags for their clothes. Jonathon has been done since June. He was easy. one garage sale ~27 items for $27.00. All like brand new and name brand too.

OOOOHHHH , by the way, I was sooo stressed about going back to the mall that after JC Penny I walked down to younkers and Sears really quick to see if they had rain coats for Jonathon or winter coats. Of course nothing. So we get ready to leave the mall and Andrew says" WHERE ARE THE JEANS"!!!!!!!?????? OMG! I left them at JC Penny........ Thank Goodness I had my receipt and they remembered me AND I didn't drive all the way home first.

Which brings me to today! Cleaning, laundry washing and drying. Playing with Jonathon, movie watching with Jonathon, catching up on my computer, paperwork and RELAXING!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like me lately. I would forget my head if it wasn't attached.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't began clothes shopping for Aiden yet. I just cleaned out his dresser and emptied a 33 gallon trash bag full of clothes he can no longer wear. But there is a consignment store in the next town over that I am going to do a lot of shopping for him this year.

    ReplyDelete