Friday, May 21, 2010

Sick little boy

So last night Jonathon woke up needing to go to the bathroom and well lets just say we almost made it ~ but not quite ~ my poor(baby)big boy was almost on toilet and he exploded.  I am very proud of him that he woke up and actually made it that far ~ definitely not his fault.

We stayed in bathroom for about 15 min til he was finished and I cleaned up.  The whole time I am thinking "ok, did he have bad McDonalds", did he catch something at McDonalds, did he catch something at the park, did I remember to wash his hands after everything, maybe he just had an upset stomach.........

This morning he woke up and seemed o.k.  Daddy took him in to go potty and then I got up and took him from daddy to go find his underwear for the day ~ when I took his hand it felt warm ~ I then touched his arm and head ~ yep warm ~ go get thermometer and yes he has a low grade temp ~ got him some juice and let him climb up on couch to watch t.v.

Usually Jonathon eats right away with his brothers before they go off to school ~ not today ~ he did not eat breakfast until 8:30a.m. and it was only yogurt ~ he is still on his first cup of juice ~ he is not playing ~ he is laying around ~ he is being quiet `~ I was kinda hoping that maybe he had 2yr. molars coming in and nothing else ~ now I am not so sure.

I had to make a couple of phone calls and when I was finished I went over to tell him how I was happy and thankful that he was a good boy and remained quiet when I noticed he has a rash.
So I begin to look him over and he has a rash on the back of his neck partway down his back ~ on the insides of his arms ~ and on his cheeks.  So I called the dr. and even though he is doublebooked I am taking Jonathon in this afternoon(the receptionist tried giving me her diagnosis) umm don't care, you are not the dr.  So we will go and wait our turn at 3:30p.m.

Hopefully it's nothing major, but seems how it's the weekend I need to know.
I really hate the E.R. and don't want to end up there.

1 comment: