Thursday, February 5, 2009

It is Happy Heart Day!

It is finally here, Happy Heart Day! This is Jonathon's very first anniversary from OHS. Last year at this time, I was pacing the floors and praying that our baby would make it through open heart surgery. We were very fortunate and had my sister and her husband with us for support. I don't know what we would have done without them by our sides.(Thank you again sis-love you!) I sit here and think about all that we have went through up to Feb 5, 2008 and what differences have occurred since Feb 5, 2008. A world of difference. Before surgery Jonathon was very cold all the time, got tired quickly, and I literally bottle fed him every 3 hours to keep the weight on him and to get him heavy enough for surgery. I never slept, but I did what I had to do to protect my son and to help him. I am so glad that I chose that route. Now he is a good color, hot ALL the time, never never tired, is crawling all over the place, walking with help and around the furniture, signing words to me, talking a little, is able to drink from a reg. sippy cup and straw sippy cup, feeds himself with help from me, finger food feeding is coming along much better, even tries to drink from a regular cup! He loves to play, is able to stack blocks, put balls in holes and pound them in, just got a wooden work bench that you have to pound shapes through(he can do it), pushes his trucks, cars all over my house, including 2 at a time, loves to read his story books to himself and loves to hear us read to him, loves music. He is sooooo happy and content and I am very proud of him! I am so so happy and relieved that surgery was a SUCCESS for us! We only visit the cardiologist once a year.
We are having a little party for Jonathon this evening-grandma and grandpa, friend Randy and all of us. Dinner and cake and ice-cream. It's going to be a great day.
HAPPY HEART DAY MY ANGEL!!!!!!!!Love Mommy

1 comment: