Tuesday, February 10, 2009

We have been busy these last few days

Happy Heart Day was a success for us. We had a great day at school and then later in the afternoon grandma and grandpa came to visit along with our good friend Randy. We had lasagna, salad and garlic bread for dinner(which Jonathon loved). For dessert we had a Heart Shaped Cake with vanilla ice cream(which Jonathon did not like) He prefers to have chocolate cake and marble ice cream. OOPS on mommy's part. Sorry Jonathon. Lots of balloons and lots of fun.

Feb 7, was mommy's birthday. Daddy had a surprise birthday party for her(which she did not want). But overall it turned out well and it was nice to sit and catch up with friends and family. Mommy is now "40"

Monday we went back to the doctor for a recheck on right ear that had fluid in it. Doc thought it looked ok, but we got the tympanogram out AND no he did not pass in either ear still. I am so bummed out and a little irritated. In January we were going to go to the ENT, but pediatrician didn't think anything was wrong so we decided to go locally. I should have just went to the ENT 1 month ago, we would be done with all of this instead of "here we go" I feel bad as a mom that Jonathon has been this way way over a month(30 days on Claritin) and I have noticed a difference over the last 30 days that when we tell him no or certain people certain sounds he covers both his ears(like it hurts). So we are being referred to the ENT doctor now. I should know by the end of this week when our appt. is. I am not sure what will take place-Jonathon has never had 1 ear infection, but I am guessing that this means he needs tubes in his ears. And I made sure they made our appt for the latest one so Gilbert can go with us. When it's important doc visits like this I would rather him be there, then me try to remember everything and re-explain to him. I sooooo did not want my baby to go through another surgery. I have 2 nephews and 2 nieces on my husbands side that have tubes in their ears(maybe this is hereditary)

School today - went better than last week. I took my friends advice(Stephanie) and (Missy) and told the teacher that I didn't want Jonathon strapped into a high chair, that high chairs are for eating and that I would prefer him to be in a chair of booster chair up to the table. So she took the tray off the high chair and moved him up to the table. I also explained how I didn't see the point of being strapped in to play with toys on the table and that we don't play with toys on the table at home. She explained again - this is so he can learn to play without throwing toys- I then said"By the way I heard you mention last week about blocks being stacked by June" We brought our own blocks to show you. We had single stacking blocks and double stacking blocks. We stacked each one about 5-6 high. Yes he threw 3 or 4, but he did stack the rest. I reassured her that we are working on not throwing toys at home, but that it's hard when you teach your child to throw and it's a great accomplishment and now you don't want him to throw. And I asked her if this was what she was looking for. She told me she was quite happy and was glad to see he could do it. And I also asked her if we could start doing p.t. in her classroom instead of where we normally do it because I feel Jonathon is being held back. There is way more room in the classroom and 10x safer. She agreed that Thursday we can start p.t. in her room. So we will see on Thursday if p.t. is happy with my decision. Thanks for the advice( Stephanie and Missy) it was a great help in getting me motivated to open my mouth.

1 comment:

  1. Do they not have a child size table in the class? If that were the case, then Jonathon needs to be sitting at the child sized table in a child's chair. That eliminates the high chair, teaches Jonathon how to sit and stand up on his own and also puts things on Jonathon's level.

    ReplyDelete