We did not have a very good day at school yesterday, which I was shocked because normally he loves Thursday school with P.T. and O.T. BUT I also did not feed Jonathon lunch before we went like I usually do. I wanted to work on some snack foods with O.T., but we ended up getting there late so I just didn't mention it. Well when we switched to work with P.T. at noon he was just miserable. Whiny, yelling, tears! I was very sad but did not stop P.T. from working with him. After school I had an errand to run and on the way there he was still miserable and yelling, whining at me. THEN it dawned on me"You did not feed him lunch" I pulled into a park and asked him if he wanted to eat. Of course he did, so I fed him lunch and felt terrible. I think I starved him and that made him grumpy! Won't do that again. Sorry Jonathon!!!!!
We now officially can climb up on the couch a million times!!! He won't even try to get up there if no one is sitting there. I will take that for now, but if someone is sitting there UP he goes. It's funny to watch him, he thinks it's a game. YAY for Jonathon!
Had our first Juice box yesterday. At first he didn't know what to do, I just showed him to drink like his sippy straw cup and then he took off. He does cough sometimes if he drinks too much at a time, but he did very well and we had another one this morning. I didn't realize that there was a difference compared to the straw sippy. Yep big difference and I am glad I decided to try them.
Potty training is going very well. I have no complaints at all! I have not changed a poopy diaper since last Saturday. Sometimes his diaper/pull up is a little wet,but he has not pooped in his pants at all. He is more than willing to go in and sit on the potty for me. Yesterday morning he actually woke up dry from all night. He is kind of learning the potty sign now and when I sign to him he will try to sign back. So I will take it. Of course he is not asking me to take him potty, but I believe he is doing an awesome job so far! Alot of hard work and time and patience, but that's ok. I will just deal with it. May take me 4 hours to get my shopping/errands done now instead of 2, but trust me this is definitely worth it. My baby is growing up!!!!
In a week or two, he'll be getting on the couch without anyone else on it.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the dry diapers!