Thursday, March 5, 2009

Miserable Little Boy

Is this the look of a child coming down with SOMETHING?

SOMETHING is happening~possibly sinus infection? Went to see doctor. Doctor says just a head cold. Benedryl and saline drops. I think it's something more, but ok.



Ummmmm okay, better call and go back to the doctor. This looks like possible pinkeye. Not a normal cold. Confirmation: Yes we have pinkeye and a head cold. (Supposedly) Eye drops for pinkeye and continue Benedryl for the cold.



YIKES! What happen? This is how I found Jonathon at 5:30a.m. on Monday, really swollen and gunk everywhere from pinkeye. AND now which you can't see, he is soooo stuffed up and having a hard time breathing.

Doctor says to do more breathing treatments. This did not help. Jonathon got 10x worse overnight. Oh and now mommy has pinkeye too.



Spent the morning back at the doctors again. This time my diagnosis was FINALLY confirmed! Sinus Infection and severe sore throat. Stop extra breathing treatments. Get antibiotic and go home and rest. No school. AND continue eye drops.


This is where we have been sleeping. In the living room in the beanbag. Jonathon is able to breathe much better in this position.









Thursday morning, watching "Cars" and feeling a little better today.

Nothing sweeter than watching a baby sleep.

Well this has been a L O N G week for Jonathon and I! We are finally on the road to recovery. His nose is running better so I can get the stuff sucked out for him and he is not having such a hard time breathing. Took a pretty good morning nap,as you see from picture I still put him in the beanbag, did not want to take any chances of him not being able to breathe in crib. Hopefully tonight he will be able to go back to his bed and us back to ours.(The couch is NOT comfy) Less whiny today too, but still refusing to eat. His throat must be soooo sore. So our new diet for now consist of chocolate pudding, tapioca pudding, applesauce, orange jello, and orange yogurt. Right now I have homemade chicken soup cooking and I am hoping he will at least try some tonight. Not sure what we will be doing for lunch. My mac and cheese king is on strike for now. Maybe ICE CREAM!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Your therapy/living room looks a lot like mine - and I recognized a few toys. LOL!!

    Yes, we sleep in the living room also, but Aiden refuses to sleep anywhere that he isn't attached to me.

    ReplyDelete