Sunday, March 1, 2009

Visit to Doctor Saturday and Sunday


This was taken this afternoon
On Friday night around 8:30p.m. Jonathon started stirring in the crib and snoring and breathing hard. So I knew something was up. Saturday morning I had to take his older brother Andrew in to see the doctor for back pain so I decided to take Jonathon along for a quick look. Found out Andrew pulled a muscle and will be better in a couple of days. Dr. looked at Jonathon real quick for me and said he has a cold. (Benedryl and saline). Good news.

Saturday afternoon I noticed his eyes were running and really watery. So I kept a close eye on him. By Saturday evening he had gunk coming out of corner and bottom of his eyes. Started thinking something was up and this is not normal for a cold. Put him to bed last night and he slept better, but still not himself.

This morning when Jonathon and I got up at 6:20a.m. we went and used the potty like we always do. Didn't notice at first because I only turn on a dim light in the bathroom in the morning(he does not like bright light), but we were playing with the duckies(while waiting to pee/poop) and he looked up at me AND oh my his eyelashes were all caked up with gunk.(reminded me of my kittens growing up)Poor poor baby. We have never experienced this. One eye was worse than the other, but close enough. We finished up in the potty and ventured out to the kitchen to get some warm water and get cleaned up. Afterwards I noticed that they just continued to run and gunk coming out so much that I called the Dr. at 8:30a.m. Told them I think Jonathon has pink eye. They told us to come right in and yes it was confirmed he has pink eye. Dr. was totally amazed He said"Wow I just seen you yesterday morning and he was fine" Thank goodness I am so in tune with Jonathon and know when something is up. So he is on eye drops for 3x day 2 drops per eye for 5 days. Definitely staying home Tuesday from school, we will play it by ear for Thursday.

Overall besides being a little tired, he is still in pretty good spirits and still being a big boy using the potty for me!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Could he have gotten the pink eye at school on Thursday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course. Seems like he is always catching something from school. We were also at the health department and 2 different hair salons and the grocery store and 2 other public buildings doing paperwork. Sooooo could have been any one of them.

    ReplyDelete