Friday, May 22, 2009

Right Foot-Left Foot

Took Jonathon out shopping today for a pair of sandals. This shopping trip was not as easy as I would have liked it to be.

I had his feet sized 22 days ago at a local shoe store that sells Stride Rite. They told me that his size was size 6 and that they would order the shoes. When I called on Thursday, they hadn't even ordered the shoes yet. The shoes were supposed to be in on May 10th......

So I packed him up and went to a different shoe store(farther away). They had the sandals in stock that I wanted ordered from local shoe store. These sandals did not fit at all. His little toes stuck right through the sides of the shoe.....

So we tried on a couple of different pairs. Same thing, little toes would slide through. They tried a smaller size and his big toe would hang off the end of the shoe....

So we resized him. His right foot is a size 6 and his left foot is a size 5 1/2... No one is going to sell two different size shoes... We continued to try on about 10 more pairs of sandals. I finally found a little soft shoe that I really liked, but was concerned about his right foot out growing the shoe too fast.... So I gave up and left....

On the way home I stopped off a Target to let Jonathon use the restroom. Decided since I was there we might as well see what they have in sandals....

I found a pair of sandals with open toes. They velcro over the foot, over the middle of the foot and velcro around his ankle... I put these on, put him down to try them out walking.... They worked fine. No slipping on the ankle. No little toes sneaking out the sides.....

FINALLY! A pair of sandals that will work for us.







Needless to say I will not shop at the local shoe store any longer since they couldn't even order the shoes like they had promised and technically sized his feet incorrectly.

2 comments:

  1. thats so funny because I just bought Jax two pairs of shoes today. they kid can't even walk and he now has more shoes than me. I've just found so many soft baby shoes that are so dang cute I can't help myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't even do sandals for Aiden; they wont fit his feet. But I do need to take him shoe shopping

    ReplyDelete