was today. I was a little misinformed though, it was only for P.T. He will remain seeing O.T. once per week for 30 minutes. His evaluation is in December for her.
We had to change our time for future classes with O.T. There is a little boy Caden that is in the room with Jonathon. When we see O.T. he is seeing P.T. and he just is not happy and yells and cries and Jonathon just can't stand it. It upsets him to the point where he starts crying. Today I had to put his potty headphones on, to continue learning with his teacher. Even though we won't be seeing P.T. any longer I had to address this issue with both O.T. and P.T. I won't have Jonathon upset, because then it's just a waste of time to be there. My P.T. (Miss Jen) whom we just got back and won't be seeing anyway totally agreed and said she would not put Jonathon through that again. Our new time is 9:30 -10:00a.m. on Tuesdays with O.T.(Miss Amanda). Our homework is to put money into the slot in the piggy bank(a real bank - not a toy).
P.T. evaluated Jonathon and confirmed that he does not need her services any longer. She will stay on as a consult(meaning that we can say anytime that we need to see her and we will be able to see her. And if we feel services are needed she will see us again.) I am happy that Jonathon is doing so well, but at the same time I am a little nervous about not seeing her any longer. But she will remain at Memphis schools to see other children and I have her cell number and her number at her main school sooo she is only a phone call away. She gave me some things to work on with Jonathon.
To start climbing up on a bench and "jump" off. (which is so weird - I tell him not to climb and not to jump - what was I thinkin (lol). I do see the point.
walk backwards for 5 or more steps - he can walk backwards, but its with a toy - he needs to do without a toy
walk up and down stairs without assistance - he can walk up and down with assistance. - this we are starting to do everyday from now on.
Run, run run - he is almost there
continue core exercises on workout ball
climb up big slide without assistance and slide down slide
jump, jump, jump
will be looking into getting a small trampoline
Goal is for him to be able to go out on the playground next year for preschool and be safe. P.T. will re evaluate him next Spring.
Nervous, but we will work work work and continue to strive toward a safe happy life!
No comments:
Post a Comment