Monday, November 29, 2010

Schedule

Do you keep your child on a schedule?  Or just play everyday by ear and just go with the flow?

Or is everyday different than the previous?

Me ~ I keep Jonathon on a schedule.  Now with Andrew and Kenny it didn't really matter if they were taken off of their schedule.  It didn't really bother them at all.  As long as I didn't do it all the time.  But Jonathon is a different story.

Jonathon is on a schedule and likes to be on a schedule and does not like change.  At all!  I have found out over the last 3 years that my youngest loves to go out ~ just make sure it's in the morning and make sure you are headed home by nap time ~ he likes to be home in his bed for a nap, but as long as he can sleep in the van he is usually OK

Do not attempt to go out after he wakes up from a nap.  He is not an afternoon person.  He likes to remain at home after 3p.m.  Some people think this is funny, but it's not any fun when you try to take him out for a quick trip to the grocery store.  He pretty much is pissed off the whole time and believe me lets EVERYONE know how he feels.  So really Why Bother.

This morning after I dropped Jonathon off at school I quickly came home, changed and headed back out the door.  First stop was at the hair salon.  Finished up there and I had an hour left before I had to pick up Jonathon so I stopped off at a local auto insurance to get some information.  Well I was not finished and I had to leave and go pick up Jonathon from school, go home grab some paperwork and then go back to the auto insurance place.

I picked up Jonathon, stopped off at home, grabbed some paperwork, got Jonathon a lunchable for lunch and headed back out.  We arrived back at the auto insurance place at 12:05p.m.  I figured if Jonathon ate his lunch it would give me some time with the agent to go over some quotes and hopefully be done and out of there by 1p.m. to get Jonathon back home for a nap.

No such luck.  It was 1:30p.m. and I still was not finished and Jonathon was getting edgy.  He was tired and bored and didn't want to just sit any longer.  I gave him my cell phone to watch t.v.  That lasted maybe 10 min.  Then I let him listen to animals.  Maybe 5 min.  Then he preceded to pound my phone on the chair and it would make beeping noises.  Ummmm I think you might break mommy's phone.  Then I was standing and holding him.  Now he is bending all the way over backwards, really really annoyed that we are not leaving.  All this time I am still trying to conduct business in a  pleasant matter.  to the point where now Jonathon is almost crying because he just wants to go, so he can take a nap.

Got him out of there and in the van by 2:05p.m.  After a quick hug and apology for taking so long he was out cold by 2:10p.m.

And it wasn't the agents fault at all.  It's just a big mess right now and I am trying to fix it.  I received a quote from some insurance company but afterwards I just didn't feel right. After thinking about it for a few days I decided to follow my gut and not go with them.  So I stopped to ask a few questions.  Same insurance name just different place and OOOH BOOOY!!!  Talk about people trying to make a quick buck!  Needless to say I will not be going with the first quote.

Anyway!  I will remain sticking to my(Jonathon's) schedule in the future.  Best for all!

And after pounding on mommy's phone ~ it took mommy over 30 minutes to get it to work correctly again.  I could not access incoming or outgoing phone calls, no email, no messaging.  I was really worried that he finally succeeded in breaking it.  Nope it works!  I just took the battery out and reset it.  All is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment