Thursday afternoon he woke up from his nap crying. He was extremely hot so I took his temp. 102! Darn it! For the rest of the afternoon and evening he was miserable. I couldn't get him to eat and barely drink. He screamed taking his Tylenol so I pretty well assumed he had a bad sore throat. Then the vomiting started. Which was nothing but dry heaves and a little bit of phlegm because without eating or drinking he didn't have anything in his system. And his poor little tummy was gurgling and he was gassy.
I stuck him back in a pull up just in case he had an accident and he pretty well just laid in bed and watched movies and slept off and on.
He did make it all night with no accidents. I had to rush him off to the bathroom a few times in the middle of the night so he could vomit though. Poor baby. I hate it when he gets so sick.
So I called the doc first thing this morning and got him in. It's not Impetigo. Thank goodness. He has strep throat. Thats why he was vomiting and running a fever. Makes me think back a few more days. On Wednesday night I knew something was wrong. He was snoring ~ he never snores. He kept smacking his tongue around his mouth like he was thirsty. He usually only does this if he is thirsty or cold. But I didn't want to disturb him so I didn't wake him for a drink and he was covered so I knew he was not cold. But I still knew something was off.
When he woke up Thursday he was fine though so I didn't think anything of it. I should have trusted my instincts. I will know for next time.
We went out and got amoxicillin for the strep and Pedialyte for him to drink from vomiting so much. I picked up some more jello to make him. Chocolate pudding and juice. I also bought some pasta noodles and 6 cheeses sauce to make him for dinner ~ he loves it and I knew he was hungry.
He did eat some noodles for dinner along with some orange jello. Drank a little bit of his pedialyte.... some fruit juice and some flavored water. Off to bed he went at 6:10p.m. and is now resting.
Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day!
No comments:
Post a Comment