Sunday, October 14, 2012

31 for 21 Down Syndrome Awareness Month

Jonathon had a pretty good weekend.  Especially today.  Today went really well.

We are working on a new system.  Reward system.  If he is caught being good, he will receive a ticket to McDonalds or the Movie store.  When he collects enough, then he will get a trip to McDonalds or the movie store or both.

He received one McDonalds ticket tonight.  He ate all his dinner.  He then picked up all his toys(which never happens, not all of them in less than 5 minutes), he listened when told to go take a shower and then he got to play Monster Trucks on the Wii for 30 minutes.  He listened when it was time to get off and get a snack.  He then went potty and brushed his teeth and got into bed.

I am so proud of him.  I believe he understands.  That's why I picked 2 of his favorite places.  He loves chocolate shakes from McDonalds and he loves going to the movie store and walking around to get a movie.

Tomorrow I am going to speak to his teachers and have them start using these rewards at school.  He is having a hard time listening to his young 5's teacher.  I was really saddened on Friday when I witnessed just how bad he can be.  I commend his teacher.  She handled it very well.  very calmly.  She is a great teacher.  Anyway I want him to listen to his teachers.  I want him to get the very best education he can get.  So I am willing to try anything for him.  I came up with this idea myself and I am hoping they will be on board to try it out.

Who knows....maybe it will work.





FACT:   All people with Down syndrome experience cognitive delays, but the effect is usually mild to moderate and is not indicative of the many strengths and talents that each individual possesses. http://www.ndss.org/Down-Syndrome/Down-Syndrome-Facts/

No comments:

Post a Comment