Friday, October 5, 2012

31 for 21 Down Syndrome Awareness Month day 5

Visual Aid.

That is our word of the day.

I had a meeting with the speech teacher - Miss O this morning.  We discussed how to help Jonathon through out his day.  And I asked her if she could make up some pec cards for him.  And of course she said sure.

So she made him some signs and also put a book together for him.  I'm sorry to say I did not get time to take a picture of it to post.  But I will this weekend and then add an updated post to show all what we are doing.

I really hope this helps Jonathon out.

Mrs. Claeys (his young 5 teacher) said he had a better day today.  He still wants to run into other classrooms at times.  And he didn't listen at quiet time 100% so he got some activities taken away.  I firmly believe that he will get it.  IT's just going to take time and alot of patience on his teachers end.

We are keeping the lines of communication open.  This is great.  Because together we will be able to help Jonathon.

I love my little boy so very much!  And just like everything else he has learned and accomplished so far.  He too will learn this new routine.  And one day we will all sit back and laugh about it.
"remember when Jonathon........

FACT: Down syndrome occurs in people of all races and economic levels.
http://www.ndss.org/Down-Syndrome/Down-Syndrome-Facts/

No comments:

Post a Comment