Thursday, October 4, 2012

31 for 21 Down Syndrome Awareness Month Day 4

So Jonathon did not have a good day at school today.  He was very fidgety and hyper.

It's hard for me to fix or help the problem turn into a solution when I am not there to see exactly what is taking place.  I just want Jonathon to have a good day.  I know that he loves to go to school. I know that sometimes he gets hyper.  I know that sometimes he just needs to focus.

At rest time he is taking a book to look at now.  At first this was helping.  Today it did not help.  Today he thought it was a joke and read his book out loud(which is disturbing the class) and then kept trying to get up(which is disturbing the class).  I will keep rest time going on the weekends now.  Maybe this will help.

As far as everything else that is going on, his teacher and I will have to keep the lines of communication open and do what we can to help Jonathon.

I have started doing research about sensory disorder.  I believe he has this even though he has never been diagnosed with it.  I have just figured it out on our own and so far the things that I have bought to help him(headphones for noise issues) have worked so I will keep researching and keep trying until Jonathon and I figure it out.  And we will!

Known Fact:   There are more than 400,000 people living with Down syndrome in the United States.  http://www.ndss.org/Down-Syndrome/Down-Syndrome-Facts/

    No comments:

    Post a Comment