I am not liking this new time change at all! Jonathon was up at 6:30a.m. this morning, I was really hoping that he would now sleep in until 7:30a.m. But no such luck for me. Of course he didn't want to eat at 7a.m. as usual because that was really 6a.m. so we skipped breakfast until almost 8a.m.
We started our day out ahead of schedule and then it went down hill fast. I even had everything packed last night except the cheez pons-these I had to hurry and cut up while he was waiting in the van to go.
We were supposed to pick up my sis at 10a.m. as she is calling me at 10:20a.m. wondering if we got our signals mixed up? Nope just me running late as usual and now with a potty trainer, we are always behind. But we made up good time getting ourselves to the doctor on time-actually early!
Then there we sat......and sat....and sat.....We ate some cheez pons, then we drank some water, then we ate some more cheez pons, then we read Clifford the Dog book,then rip it out of Auntie's hands and throw it-he is Quick! Then we sat.....and sat.....and sat.....Okay now I am wondering why they didn't even call our name for our paperwork. So sis and I took turns using the restroom and then finally after 1 hour we were finally called back.
Dr. ENT was very nice. Jonathon also liked him alot and was very comfortable with him. He asked many more questions than I imagined, but I was prepared(good) My sis said"He just learned our whole life in about 5 minutes" Guess she was impressed? Jonathon got to pick a sucker for good behavior. Of course he has no clue what it is and didn't like the crinkly paper so we put it aside for now.
Sooo our results are: The tympanogram is still showing fluid and dr. ENT also seen some fluid. Jonathon is registering on the chart now though where before he didn't even register. Could be because of his sinus infection. We are going to go back in 2 months for a recheck. Continue the saline drops and added a new prescription~nose spray~Fluticasone-1spray into each nostril once daily. Seems how he has only had one ear infection he is not really worried yet about tubes. A little concerned that this is his 3rd sinus infection since September and this one was so bad. Could be that his adnoids need to be removed. We go back May 11.
I will take these results for now. I am glad that the tympanogram has changed and he is at least showing up on the chart now. I still don't like the fact that he still has fluid in his ears. I am not looking forward to starting nose spray tomorrow. I hope he doesnt have to have tubes put in. Will not stress over it for now.(at least try not too) I do like this doctor.
Stopped off at the restroom when we were through to see if Jonathon needed/would use the potty. He didn't like it and was scared. So I decided to turn him around and hold him up. This worked like a charm, he peed for me and lots. Great Job, my big big boy.
Afterwards we stopped at McDonalds to grab some lunch. Tried a fish sandwich with Jonathon. He ate a little , but didn't like it so we had our normal applesauce and country vegetable baby food. Sis and mommy had coupon for buy one Big Mac get one free.
Packed everyone back up in the van and headed off to Walmart. Right before we drove in, Jonathon fell asleep. Exhausted! He had been awake all day since 6:30a.m. Now its 2p.m.
So I got the big stroller out of back and layed down the seat. Put Jonathon in covered him up and then covered stroller with bigger blanket for darkness. We were in Walmart for over 1 hour and he slept the whole time. Much needed rest. He woke up on the way out and was in a very good mood.
Now it's after 3:30p.m. and when we pulled out onto main road we could see Daddy's truck up ahead. But he accidentally left his phone on counter this morning, so had no way of telling him to wait up. We tried to catch him, but too much traffic and we had to stop on the way home to get medicine. Oh well, maybe next time.
Stopped to get his prescription filled, would take them 30 minutes. Sis had to stop off and pay a bill and her house was right around the corner so we went to her house so Jonathon could use the potty.(I checked him at walmart on the way out and he was dry). Got to her house and hurried to the bathroom, set him up on the big toilet and he peed a little and little poop. GOOD BOY!!! I knew his tummy was still full, so I turned him around and held him up and told him to pee like a good boy. And he peed a whole bunch. He learned today how to pee standing up(well standing,mommy holding you up)But it worked. He just doesnt like the bigger toilets.
Finished up, got our medicine, dropped Auntie back off at her house. Said our goodbyes and headed for home. Busy busy day. We left at 10:10a.m. and pulled in at 5:15p.m.
Aiden has the Peter Potty urinal for when he is ready to stand up and pee.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on a good ENT visit.
There is NO WAY Aiden is going to sleep through Wal-Mart, he'll miss flirting.