Saturday, January 8, 2011

New "Gamer" on the Block

w e l l ......almost.....I bought Jonathon a game for the Wii a few months ago and finally tried it after Christmas.  It is Jumpstart Escape from Adventure Island, you have to use the wand and it is mainly rolling it back and forth to do what you need to do.  It was kinda a pain even for me, so of course Jonathon didn't concept it all.  I just told him that was o.k. and we would put it away for now and try when he got a little older.....

He loves to go in and get on the bed and watch Kenny play PS3.  He will sit for hours with Kenny if I let him.  Kenny is 14 and likes shooter games.....Jonathon has a new vocabulary and it consist of a toy gun and alot of "POW" "POW" "POW"....Ok, I don't think he needs to be in front of that for very long.  So when we were out the other day running errands I decided to look for a couple of different games for the PS3 for Kenny.  Mainly because his Uncle John likes to play, but not really shooter games so I found Motorstorm Greatest Hits- this has trucks, ATVs, semi etc that you can race - right up Uncle John's alley.  And while I was searching I ran across a game for Jonathon to try.....Maybe the PS3 would be a little easier....  Here is what Jonathon got!


So much excitement!!  
So I hooked it all up and let him try.....he did much better than with the Wii..... he can push the gas pretty good, but steering is not so good......but for the few minutes that he played he was very very happy.....so a good buy I think.....he will grow into it just like Andrew and Kenny did years ago....(their learning game was Spyro)

I do want to purchase the new Elmo game for the Wii when the price comes down.......

No comments:

Post a Comment