Friday, January 28, 2011

New Things

So I took Jonathon to WIC on Wednesday for his 6 month check up ~ which actually we were on a 3 month check up for a couple of times.  They wanted me to see if I could get Jonathon's weight up.

He weighed 27lbs 12oz last time ~ he weighed 27lbs 12 oz this time.  But he just got over being sick with a viral infection and was out of school over 1 week.  So me as a parent ~ I am not concerned with his weight.  When we had a recheck at the pediatrician he actually gained over 1lb and they had him at 28.8.  I don't know why the scale at WIC is so different.

So once again I am supposed to work on getting more weight on him.  Back to carnation instant breakfast drinks ~ I am actually going to try Pediasure ~ maybe he will like that ~ who knows.  Peanut Butter on everything ~ ok I never thought to put peanut butter on waffles, pancakes and french toast ~ he likes peanut butter and jelly so we will try.

Dried fruit ~ so I bought raisins ~ umm not happening ~ but no one in this house likes raisins, so I am not surprised.

Sugar ~ brown sugar ~ syrup......now here I thought sugar was bad for you!  so I am not too sure about that one either.

Cheese on everything ~ we already do this ~ he loves cheese!

And lets see ~ I am 4ft 11in and weigh 116 - hubby is 6ft 1 and weighs 187 - Andrew is 5ft 6 and weighs 134 and kenny is 5ft 3 and weighs 102 - soooo I don't think Jonathon's weight is a problem. And he is very very active!

But ok, I will try and see what happens.

Here is the result of this morning ~ Jonathon loves blueberry waffles, always eats all his blueberry waffles

peanut butter added


left overs

So adding peanut butter did not work ~ Jonathon ended up eating less than before and ummm sorry but this is not the way to gain weight ~ this is the way to lose weight!

And it's almost celebration time ~ 6 days until HAPPY HEART DAY ~ 3yr ANNIVERSARY

1 comment:

  1. WIC gets a lot of things right but telling you to give your child extra sugar to gain weight just doesn't seem like that follows common sense. Especially when like you said your family tends to be thin. One time WIC gave us this recipe to try at home: http://wicwoes.com/2010/are-you-serious-wic Seriously? WIC has a lot of great things going for it and has helped us eat healthier overall but sometimes they really make me scratch my head!

    ReplyDelete