Over the past 2 months Jonathon has really started eating alot better. He is finally understanding that all those teeth in his mouth do serve a purpose ~ eat better food ~ I really thought he was going to eat baby food forever ~ I am so happy that we have not bought 1 single jar of baby food since July.
We moved onto more soft foods when we quit baby food. I bought him things like mac n cheese, hamburger helper cheeseburger macaroni, spaghettios, spaghetti in a can. I tried the gerber graduate food and he really disliked it. I slowly introduced other foods while I still let him eat his soft mac n cheese etc.
He really started picking up more food toward the end of August.
This is some of Jonathons menu that we keep on hand.
Breakfast - Lucky Charms, Waffles, Pancakes, and Oatmeal(only Maple Sugar)
Lunch - Grill Cheese, mac n cheese, gerber graduates ravioli(he will eat now), lunchables(ham,cheese, crackers), microwaveable entrees(lasagana, chicken with carrots, peas, noodles, t.v. dinners(fish sticks, chic nuggets, turkey with stuffing), have slowly introduced peanut butter/jelly sandwiches, hamburger helper cheeseburger mac, ziti paramesan
Dinner - pretty much anything that we are having except venison(he still needs help chewing that one), but he loves anything italian ~ spaghetti with garlic bread, goulash with garlic toast, lasagna, chicken with mashed potatoes, green beans, corn, peas, fish sticks, chicken caserole, perogies and kielbasa and tacos.
Yogurt, applesauce are his favorites
Loves goldfish crackers and can eat these all by himself now, same with graham crackers, he actually sat and ate homemade chex mix with daddy the other day, ice cream ~ loves ice cream, cheez curls.
I am probably missing some, but just to sit and write this much down shows me just how well he "is" actually doing. Wow! Thought it would never happen.
And he loves juice now, will suck down the whole cup right away, which he would never do before. I sit and laugh ~ you have to sometimes just to keep going and to realize that yes you do make a difference in your childs life.
I am thinking by Christmas he will be eating all on his own. (new goal we have set for ourselves). :)
I can still remember getting up/staying up all night long and bottle feeding my baby EVERY 3 hours to put weight on him to get ready for heart surgery and so they would NOT put a feeding tube in. And to think I thought that was rough.
It is my long term goal to keep the weight on Jonathon and so far ~ I am doing just that! Of course it helps when your child actually cooperates.
Day 5 of 31 for 21
No comments:
Post a Comment