Yesterday was rough. Jonathon was very sad ~ He didn't want to wear the glasses. He would stick out his bottom lip and it crushed my heart. I didn't stop though. I kept putting them back on. Let's just say by dinnertime I was extremely frustrated AND very glad that it was almost bedtime. EXHAUSTION is an understatement.
And lets remember if you missed the previous post: Jonathon is wearing glasses for farsightedness and lazy eye. Same symptoms his father has. His father has worn glasses since he was 3. Jonathon could out grow this one day~ not a promise and not going to worry about that. Not making excuses ~ this could be the result of his extra chromosome, but it also could just be plain ole HEREDITARY!
Don't like these mommy!
Getting used to glasses
There's my happy boy!
Today has been a better day! We have had a few moments, but I have to say overall he is doing pretty good keeping the glasses on. I think they are a little crooked now;I tried to fix them at lunchtime but not sure if I did. I will let the expert(daddy) take a look when he gets home later. I decided yesterday before the big brothers got home that the best way to go about Jonathon wearing glasses was to ignore the fact that Jonathon is wearing glasses. I even text Andrew to let him know this and to tell Kenny before they came in. I know all they wanted to say was "oh your sooo cute" "I like your glasses" but they didn't. They did just what I had asked of them and for that they are 2 great big brothers. And my theory is working. As long as we don't make a big deal about it he seems to be ok overall. AND I have been wearing my glasses more to show him that we need to wear our glasses. (mine are just for when I am on the computer or reading).
Jonathon is napping now and resting his little eyes. Then we will continue our day;learning to like our new glasses!
This ""IS" my Jonathon!
Even my 8 year old took a week or so to get used to his glasses. I remember getting a headache when I first got glasses. I'm glad he's doing good with them.
ReplyDeleteThis must be very hard for u guys, HANG in there!! Were thinking of u all the time!! XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOO, For both of u!! Love Rylee and Nik.
ReplyDelete