Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Potty Training Update

So as most of you know I have been potty training Jonathon since last Feb 09.  Over all he is doing great.  Couldn't ask for anything else.  Well I could, but patience is a virtue....


Will Jonathon ever just say he has to go potty ~ I sure hope so.
Will Jonathon ever sign potty to me on his own ~ I sure hope so.
Will Jonathon ever just walk over to the bathroom and use it on his own ~ Wow, I sure hope so.


We have moved up from going to the potty every hour to every 1 1/2 - 2 hours.  He has even made it longer if we were out of the house.  This is a good thing, because you don't realize how quick 1 hour goes by until you have been doing 1 hour potty breaks for the last 7 months.
Plus it is a good thing, because it proves that Jonathon is growing and learning and understanding the whole potty issue and can control his bladder longer.


Jonathon also pretty much understands "poop" and knows when he has to go and when he doesn't. (He has never had a "poop" accident)  I have done quite well working around his schedule and understanding when he needed/needs to go.(mother intuition I guess) Maybe ~ Maybe not


So here is our new issue lately ~ when we are out and about AND at home (more when we are out, but still enough that I am concerned).  Jonathon is getting mad about standing(me holding) him up to "pee".  Well he is too short to stand on his own and at home he doesn't like to use the stool to stand up either.  Why you ask?  At the store, I am not sure, besides he just doesn't like me holding him.  Yes I have a portable foldable toilet seat I can use for him to sit.....But 1. He is a boy, he is supposed to stand ~ 2.  When he does sit, alot of the times we end up soaking him, me, the bathroom floor(I know, it's funny), but it's a pain.  They don't have the little cup on the to go potty seat and yes I can admit myself that I am lazy and it's just quicker the other way.  At home he doesn't like his legs touching the toilet ` it's wet, it's cold.  I have tried everything to help him out.  It is becoming a pain.


So I discussed it with daddy ~ he said " take him in the mens john and let him "pee" at the urinal". umm ok.  not happening.  not that desperate yet.


When we use the family bathroom at the mall, they have a little toilet that Jonathon stands right up to and has no problem "peeing".  That's why I know it's time to find and do something for him.


So I have been looking online and this morning this is what I found and ordered for Jonathon.  I am very excited and can't wait for this to come in the mail.


Will update more after Jonathon tries it out....


I hope my link works ~I have never linked before.  :)


http://www.shopspecialneeds.com/servlet/the-148/WeeMan-urinal-boys-potty/Detail



Day 6 of 31 for 21

1 comment: