Jonathon and I have had a pretty quiet week this week.
1. Monday ~ We did absolutely nothing ~ But hang out
2. Tuesday~ School cancelled ~ both teachers sick
3. Tuesday afternoon ~ went to Dr. Braces and picked up old braces ~ new velcro put on
4. Wednesday - woke up to no power ~ packed up and went to Rylee's house for breakfast. ~ then we came home and got dressed and went shopping
5. Thursday ~ School cancelled O.T. teacher sick ~ stayed home
6. Friday ~ Playdate with Rylee cancelled ~ stayed home ~ Jonathon coming down with a cold
During all this past week I waited for a phone call from the Optician. They are remaking Jonathon's glasses because I found a wave in the lense. They were supposed to be rushed, but I am not sure what kind of rush. The whole week went by and NOTHING. Will be calling on Monday.
Jonathon spent alot of time drawing on his easel with the marker side. He is now doing really well. When we first tried in July he kept holding the marker upside down and coloring his hands. So I just let him do the chalk side. Well now he is able to do the marker side. I am very proud of him because he is trying really hard to do circles. They are not exactly correct circles, but you can tell its not just a line any longer. Great job son!!!!
Friday night was rough on Jonathon, he was having a hard time breathing; I am thinking this is the start of a sinus infection. He has been doing awesome. We made it through the whole summer with nothing. Last year his first sinus infection was in September so this is good, it's almost November. I had Andrew get a ride uptown this morning to buy Jonathon some Benedryl. Gave him that and Tylenol(slight fever) and he is breathing much better now. Hopefully we can nip this in the butt and it not turn into a sinus infection.
Looks like no school for Jonathon this week.
Called Dr. Pediatrician to schedule flu shot ~ they are all gone. Jonathon has been added to the list and they will get back with us. BUMMER
Jonathon is doing great eating finger foods. He really enjoys being a big boy while eating cheez pons and goldfish crackers and graham crackers. I just sit and watch in total amazement, it's been a long time coming and I am sooo happy for him. He really concentrates too, it's precious and brings tears to my eyes.
We are still practicing on spoon and fork alone. He is doing good for a start with the spoon feeding. We try on yogurt and pudding. Sometimes mommy gets so busy at dinner time that I just forget and just do it. I watched Supernanny last night and had a good reality check when the father was feeding his 3yr. old. Ummmm I need to just take the time to let Jonathon try and not be so rushed. It makes me mad that hubby doesn't help out more at dinnertime. But somehow someway Jonathon and I will figure out how to get it done. We always do!!!!
I have changed feeding schedule too.
7a.m. breakfast
9a.m. snack
11a.m. snack
12p.m. lunch
3p.m. snack
5-5:30p.m. dinner
7-7:30p.m. dessert
8p.m. bedtime
I added a snack in there and letting him stay up a little longer. I am working on getting him to just go to bed.(I still rock him). I love rocking Jonathon, but he needs to learn to just go in and go to sleep. I am hoping by Christmas time we will have this accomplished.
Thinking about switching bedrooms back so our room(Jonathon)is in back of house for my quiet. Right now we are in bigger room but its right off of the living room and kitchen and it gets loud at nighttime. He moves around alot and I think it's the lights and noise. We will see. Will let ya know what I decide.
Oh and our new words are "MINE" "Kenny"(really clear now). trying really hard to say "please"
No comments:
Post a Comment