Bloggers all over the world commit to posting everyday in October(31). I am joining in and going to do my part in raising awareness for Down Syndrome.
If you are one of my followers that have been reading(lurking)and not posting. Now is the time. "Get it Down 31 for 21"
Jonathon had school this morning with Miss Amanda(O.T.). He loves her so so much and time just flies by when we are with her. I am really glad that I (we) have her. She has helped Jonathon alot over the last year.
We were able to fit snack time in with Miss Amanda before our time was up. We picked Goldfish(a.k.a. fishy cracker) and apple juice (juice box). I just wanted moral support to see if Jonathon could eat the goldfish cracker "all" on his own without having any issues. (of course deep down I knew he could) We usually just take bites. Well he did it!!!!! He took the cracker and took bites like I always do with him. Then Miss Amanda told him to go ahead and after that initial first bite to go ahead and put the rest in his mouth. She was very pleased that he understood her directions and he did just that. Took a bite and then put the second bite in right away and of course "chewed" and swallowed and all is good. I feel silly, but sometimes I just need that second person to experience it with us. (even though I knew he'd be ok.)
Over the next few weeks - no rush - we are to bring something in that he needs to use utensils with. She wants to see where he is at.
Good job today Jonathon - Mommy is very proud as always
And day 1 is complete.
No comments:
Post a Comment