On Wednesday we made our trip down to the city to meet the new dentist.
The dentist office is 3 minutes down the road from the eye center. This makes me very happy because I know exactly where to go and how long it will take me to get there.
We arrived early so I could fill out paperwork. Then the receptionist explained to me that they told me 2:30p.m. so I had time to fill out paperwork with an appointment time 3p.m. Oops. Didn't pay to be early. We got there at 2p.m. Oh well.
By the time Jonathon, Andrew and I went back to meet the dentist it was after 3p.m. and Jonathon was being a little busy body.(he does not like to go out in the afternoon). Andrew tried to keep him busy while I spoke with the dentist.
The dentist was very informational. He made me feel much better that it is not our fault that Jonathon has a couple of cavities. His assistant gave me some pointers on brushing teeth also. Which I have tried and it is working. We now count to 5. Jonathon opens his mouth ~ I brush and count to 5 ~ then he gets to spit ~ then we start over ~ when we first started I counted pretty fast to 5 ~ now I take more time to get to 5.
We are now waiting on a phone call to set up his time and day for the procedure to get done. He will be asleep (like getting tubes in). they will take xrays, then fillings, then cleaning. The whole procedure from beginning to end should be about 1 hour and 30 minutes. I still don't like Jonathon being put to sleep, but this needs to be done and I trust Childrens Of Detroit Doctors and I am comfortable with this dentist that he will take could care of my baby.
More on dental procedure to come.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete