Dental procedure went well for us. We arrived at the hospital at 6a.m. They had Jonathon ready to go back by 7:30a.m. Daddy went along with him until he fell asleep. I wish I could have been there for him, but I just can't do that. Thank you daddy. We were able to watch a board in the waiting room that showed us exactly what was going on from pre op to surgery to recovery. That was a nice addition that the hospital just added last year.
Jonathon was back in recovery around 8:35a.m. He had a little trouble with the anesthesia so they gave him a shot in his i.v. to feel better and we just need to let anyone know that he is allergic from now on and they will give him something before he wakes up and then he won't experience the nausea anymore. We were home by noon. He rested most of the day and I kept him home one extra day and let him go back to school on April 14th.
He had 4 fillings in between his front 4 teeth. Dr. Curt fixed his teeth so they know have little gaps in between where before they didn't and that is how the cavities came about. Had some xrays taken and then cleaned his teeth. And he is good to go. We go back in 6 months to see Dr. Curt.
Eye patch is not going well at all. I don't use the sticky ones anymore. They were really sticking to his face and leaving marks and making him cry when I took them off. So we are using the cloth patch over his glasses but he really hates it and won't leave his glasses on. I end up putting him in the kitchen chair or on the couch and have to literally sit with him for 2 hrs. P.I.T.A. Gotta do what you gotta do!
Daddy started a new job on April 13th. He has better pay, better hours. He know gets home at 3p.m. instead of 4:30-5p.m. It's hard to get used too, but it's nice to have him around. After 90 days we will have health insurance again and we can cancel the health insurance that we had to get on our own. $500.00 a month is killing us financially. And he used to work at this company a long time ago (20yrs) and after 90 days they are giving him his time back(5yrs and vacation pay) that will be nice.
Daddy got a new truck. Our 95 Ford was about done. We found a 99 Dodge 1500 2 wheel drive. It's nice and has a back seat so the whole family can go! All we had to do was put new plugs and wires in it and she runs like a champ. Cost us $1,000.00.
And my van is having issues again. need front end work done. We will start that soon.
Here is a picture to share. Update more later....gotta run for now.
| Before surgery |
| Going home after surgery |
No comments:
Post a Comment