Jonathon loves his new potty! Urinal. It is working out awesome! Now when we say "Lets go Potty" it doesn't take us as long to get him to stop what he is doing and going. I think he really enjoys the fact that he can go in there, not take all his clothes off, pee and be on his merry away in about 20 seconds!
He is becoming a big boy ~ and it is working out really well that he is able to tell me when he needs to sit to "poop". No accidents yet!
About my only complaint is that when you dump it, it kinda makes a mess on the very edge of the toilet. I just wipe that up with toilet tissue, but besides that I am very happy with the product and it doesn't take up any space in my small bathroom.
I would recommend this product to anyone that has a boy potty training. Not just special needs. I wish I had this years ago for Kenny and Andrew!
Outside public bathrooms have been a little better. We are using our portable/foldable potty seat . I haven't even tried holding him in the standing position again. He is at least urinating with the seat. But we are still having issues with noise in some stores and he really doesn't like his headphones anymore. I try singing ABC's (people probably think I am weird walking in and hearing that! :). I am trying to keep those stores in the back of my head and just avoid them for now.
I am very proud of Jonathon!
I really think technically Jonathon is potty trained. He never has an accident. He is sometimes just a tad damp, but that could be drippage after going or just before he goes. As long as we take him potty he is great. I cannot wait for the day that my son tells me all on his own that he needs to go. He has done this 3x. It's a start. And that's why I still say Potty Training!
And here is the link again to a great product!
http://www.pottyscotty.com/Urinal-for-Boys.html
We have the Peter Potty urinal. Aiden likes it only because he can push the button and flush it
ReplyDeleteHey there little buddy, GREAT JOB ! Wished i had, had a urinal, for logan, when we were potty trainen, it would have been alot,less harded, for logan to learn.
ReplyDeleteRylee, Logan, Martin, and Nik are so proud, of you, Jonathon. Thanks so much, for sharen your day, at the Down Syndrome, walk. Letting Rylee, ride with u, you guys where so cute.
ReplyDelete