Fuel oil is what we use to heat our house.
Fuel oil is very expensive right now.
Fuel oil tank is located in my basement.
Nobody checked fuel oil gauge.
Last night I was told Fuel oil is almost on ZERO!!
Now this is really not what I wanted to hear at 8:30p.m. So I turned down the heat so the furnace would not run as much through out the night. I added some blankets to Jonathon's bed just in case. I told Kenny if he woke up and felt cold to come and get me. And then I prayed. "Please do not let us run out of fuel oil before morning" "Please keep us warm through out tonight" And I repeatedly said until I fell asleep "God will provide"
I woke up this morning and heard the furnace running! I was amazed and so happy. We made it through the night. I got Jonathon up and got him dressed right away in some warm clothes. When we walked out the door for school I shut the furnace down completely.
Then I came home from dropping the boys off at school and started making phone calls. I first called the fuel oil company that I have used for over 1 year now. (Cramer's Gas and Oil). They were not sure where truck would be today and if they could help me. I was kind of disappointed in them. I have been a good customer for over 1 year. I have always paid same day as delivery - which is very hard because 100 gallons is over $324.00 and barely gives me 1/2 tank. They didn't even ask who I was on the phone. They told me to call back. Ummm thanks, but you just lost me as a customer. This is an emergency.
I got out the phone book and started calling other places. Foster Oil could not get to me until Tuesday. Which is fine. I don't like them anyway. And that's why I dropped them years ago. Just thought in this emergency I would use them.
I finally spoke with a gentleman out of Imaly City. He was very nice and informational. Explained how he was sorry, but he would not be able to help me out today, but he did tell me a couple of secret things I could do to get by. (sorry its a secret). And then he gave me a name of a company out of Port Huron to try.
I called Secory Oil(Michigan Petroleum) and they were very excited to help me out in my time of emergency. Signed me on as a new customer. Has a driver coming out today to take care of me. And I was still able to get the minimum 100 gallons. Hooray! There are still nice caring people out there.
So for the time being I have closed down part of the house and turned on a couple of little space heaters that we own.
| Andrew's little heater for basement |
| little heater we use for the bathroom |
| you can see furnace is off and its 68 in here |
So we will spend our afternoon hanging out in the living room today. Maybe I will make it a movie watching, relaxing, blankets, pillows and pillow pets day.
I am relieved to know that this is just for a few hours and that fuel is on the way!
UPDATE!!!!
I went and picked Jonathon up from school and 11:15a.m. today and we came right back home. This is what pulled into my driveway at 11:25a.m.
I then ran back inside and told Jonathon to look out window to see the big truck.
No comments:
Post a Comment