Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Surgery

is in our future yet again.

Jonathon had his first official dentist appointment today for a cleaning.  I explained to Jonathon on the way to the dentist that she was going to look into his mouth ~ make him say ahhhh and she would look inside ~ I explained to him that she was going to clean his teeth all shiny.





And here he is all happy hanging out waiting for Dr. Dentist to come in......

And then we found out that Jonathon does not like Dr. Dentist ~ and the screaming began ~ and my mommy heart started to break......




Seriously I really wonder if all pediatric dentist do this to their patients?  I did not protest because honestly I don't know if this is the norm or not....  I can tell you that Jonathon really and truly hated it ~ I have not seen my son so scared in quite some time ~ and she wants me to do this at home ~ "really"......




And this is how a parent looks when she is trying to remain calm when the word "surgery" needed comes out of a physicians mouth ~ dentist ~ close enough...  Jonathon has cavities ~ Jonathon has..... Jonathon will need to be sedated ~ Jonathon will need to have xrays to see if he has cavities in between front teeth ~ Jonathon will need to go to Children s Hospital ~ 




 
And then Jonathon got to pick a prize out of the prize basket and we got ready to leave.




A much happier little boy now to be all done..and he got to pick out 2 prizes.







Not a real clear picture, but see the red speck ~ Jonathon has broken blood vessels in his face from screaming ~ not a good thing ~


And then while you are in with the Dr. Dentist listening to all of the information she is telling you and the only thing that is registering in your head is the word "surgery" and then you say o.k. and then you leave.....and then you get outside and then......hey why didn't she clean his teeth today?  If she couldn't clean his teeth today ~ then why would we come back in 6 months for a recheck ~ all in all I guess I will just wait for the phone call tomorrow and try to be better prepared ~ because as of right now my husband said "what do you mean surgery"?  I guess I need a better explanation so then I can better explain to him!


I swear sometimes it feels like its never ending........

1 comment:

  1. same thing with Aiden. he'll have to have the surgery to put caps on his teeth.

    ReplyDelete