I can remember growing up how I always told my mom and dad that 40 was old and I would probably be dead by then. How scary is that? How naive was I? Now I pray to God every day that I do not die and leave my children. I pray how all my children need me...so please keep me healthy!
I never thought I would be a non smoker - non drinker- SAHM... As far as non smoker...I just quit on October 12, 2010. I have been smoking for many many years...Kenny always complains and tells me how it's not healthy and that I need to quit. Then I got pregnant with Jonathon in 2006. Jonathon was born in 2007 and I still smoked. But then things changed....I found out that my newborn has Down Syndrome...I found out that my newborn had 2 holes in his heart....we stopped smoking in the upstairs of the house...we stopped smoking in the vehicles...then my infant got asthma..we stopped smoking in the house all together and hung signs "NO SMOKING" Now during all this time, I was and still am so busy with Jonathon that I just didn't have time to walk away and go out or earlier months go downstairs to smoke....so as time went on I smoked less and less....and that led me up to October 12, 2010 and something inside me said "NO MORE" and I said "Okay" And I have been smoke free for almost 120 days and I am proud....and surprisingly I am not missing it. I have my moments when I get irritated because my husband still smokes.....
As far as drinking....I never really quit....I can have one anytime I want....WANT being the key word here...I don't have time to sit and have a few....that takes time away from my children...time I don't have to give away...do I want to feel like crap the next day....I cannot/will not take the chance...Besides drinking is highly over rated.....and my husband is an alcoholic and doesn't need to be around it....so we don't drink. He gave up drinking for his 3rd child (Jonathon) and has been clean since Dec 2007. I am very very proud of him....and pray to God everyday that he does not pick up a drink....
SAHM - I stayed home when Andrew and Kenny were little..I just went back to work full time in 2005...so Andrew was 10 and Kenny was 8. I loved being back out in the working field..I was a waitress and having money in my pocket everyday was great.. I helped my husband pay the bills....I was able to save to buy Andrew a 4 wheeler and new doors for our house....we even got to go on vacation off my pay....but then we had a huge surprise and I guess God didn't really think I needed to work.....we found out I was pregnant again...
God gave us the most precious gift in the world...he gave us another child...but most of all he trusted us to take care of Jonathon....I pray to God every day thanking him for choosing us.
Jonathon has changed our lives so much....it's funny how God has a plan...I am not sure where we would be at this point in our lives if it was not for Jonathon! I love my life and I wouldn't change anything for the world!
So here I am turning 42 today...and I do not feel that old...my boys keep me young...and I love them all very very much! I love my husband too. We have our moments, but we continue to stay strong and I hope we always do!
Andrew bought me a new wireless mouse for my birthday! And Kenny, he gave me a can of Coca Cola (my favorite) and $40.00 to go and spend on myself (and he specified myself) LOL. Jonathon and daddy bought me flowers - carnations to be exact - my all time favorite. I love all my presents. I had a good day too. We did not have cake, which was just fine with me....we have so much going on in the beginning of February (Andrew's birthday and Happy Heart Day and then me) and we already had so much cake....we are caked out and pizza'd out for awhile.
God works in mysterious ways.................
I have a good life.........
No comments:
Post a Comment