Monday, February 28, 2011

Winter Blues

I believe that Jonathon is a lot like me.  I do not like winter.  I don't think Jonathon cares much for it either.  Last year he never went out.  Every time there was enough snow to go out and play he was sick.  This year we took him out once so far and he was not thrilled.  Maybe when he gets older he will enjoy the snow more.  Maybe if he would stop looking at the ground and his feet he would enjoy the snow more.  Maybe if we still had snowmobiles he would enjoy riding them and enjoy the snow more.  I remember growing up on snowmobiles and then we each had our own junky ones to ride when we were big enough.  Maybe because I am older I do not enjoy the snow anymore.


I am not sure!  I think this has been a long winter.  I am so over winter.  I read other blogs that are into the sunshine and parks and swimming and gardens etc. and I am jealous.


Jonathon and I are ready to get back outside.  Jonathon and I are ready to go for walks with the dog.  Jonathon and I are ready to swing on the swings in the back yard.  Jonathon and I are ready to go to the park.  Jonathon and I are ready to run around outside in our back yard.  Mommy is ready to sit and relax on her deck.  Jonathon is ready for some P.T. on the deck.  Mommy is ready to pull weeds and get her flowers ready to bloom.  Mommy is ready to feed the birds and squirrels and watch them return.


Please spring.....hurry up....we are ready and anxiously waiting for your return!!!


In the meantime we will remain in doors where it is warm and play.  This weekend I got out the wooden blocks again.  Every time I bring them out, I put them away pretty quickly because all Jonathon wants to do is throw them.  I know one day he will get it.  And guess what?  That one day finally came!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment